Join your fellow writers at Australia’s most immersive writing retreat experience at O’Reilly’s in Lamington National Park!
MAY 26-28TH, 2017
Enjoy taking part in writing masterclasses with Australia’s biggest and bestselling authors. Discover how to think, write and take action using best practices straight from the experts themselves, while making new friendships with other writers just like you.
This writing retreat is ideal for you if:
- you’re a beginner or experienced writer, whether you have a manuscript ready to pitch, or you’re just starting on your first story
- you write in any genre
- you want to get the best information on traditional publishing and self-publishing
- you’re struggling to complete your manuscript or make a fresh start
- you’re a writer or author looking to take your writing ability to a new level
- you want to have fun, relax and make new friends, or re-discover your passion for writing
- you want to work on your laptop (wi-fi provided), or switch off for the weekend and scribble in a notepad – the choice is yours. We want you to write in a completely stress-free environment.
Your ticket includes everything below!
ALL WORKSHOPS AND PRESENTATIONS
Writing masterclass workshops
RWR sources talented and successful authors to guide you through the writing process and mentor you over the weekend. Check out our presenters page to meet the popular authors for 2017!
Publishing and marketing workshops
Get actionable, accurate and up-to-date information to make your story available to readers around the world. You’ll also learn about the effective marketing strategies currently working for authors in today’s global marketplace.
Access to presenters one-on-one
Unlike most other events, the writing retreat allows attendees to mix and mingle one-on-one with the presenters anytime during the retreat.
Planned networking activities to help even the most introverted writer connect with others and make new friends.
Private writing time
Take time to catch up on your writing projects. You’ll be inspired to pick a quiet spot to enjoy some private writing time.
Escape into the rainforest
Enjoy everything O’Reilly’s has to offer for a true writing escape. From beautiful rainforest walks, waterfalls, night tours, wildlife and cafes.
ALL ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
Two night’s accommodation (twin share) in a lovely Retreat Room (a couple of handicap rooms are available upon request, suitable for wheelchair access/use). As accommodation is twin share, we will allocate you a writing buddy to share with. Or bring a friend, and let us know when booking, we’ll put you in together. Alternatively, for an extra fee, you can have the room to yourself.
All meals (and O’Reilly’s are well-known for their tempting menu).
All your meals are included: breakfast, morning and afternoon tea, lunch and dinner. Please note on the booking form if you have any special dietary requirements.
- O’Reilly’s complimentary team activity, last year we visited the glow worms, we’ll announce the 2017 activity soon.
- Optional free wine tasting at the vineyard on the way home.
- All the nature you can handle. Every breath taken along the tree top walk is worth ten from the city.
From just $795
All workshops · All masterclasses · All accommodation · All meals · All the fun!
A minibus will be available to transport guests from Southbank, Brisbane to the writers retreat on the Friday morning, and return guests to Southbank after the retreat on Sunday evening. There are limited spaces for the minibus (just 10), so you must book that early. The return trip is $65 per person.
Important: the minibus always fills up from those who get early-bird tickets, so if you want to reserve a seat you must book early.